Legacy Resource Management Program Analyst
The DoD Legacy Resource Management Program (Legacy Program) , in support of both the Natural Resources and Cultural Resources programs, provides financial assistance through Cooperative Agreement or other mechanisms to support national or regional efforts to DoD natural and cultural heritage. The Legacy Program funds efforts that protect and enhance DoD resources for the purpose of better supporting mission activities. The Legacy Program funds 15-20 new projects each fiscal year, and may have up to 100 active projects at any given time. The program also has a strong outreach and collaboration component that seeks to integrate DoD activities with other relevant national or regional conservation initiatives.
The Legacy Resource Management Program support to be provided by the Legacy Program Analyst requires: Technical, analytical, and administrative expertise to help manage the DoD Legacy Program including helping to develop and issue annual proposal solicitations; evaluating natural and cultural resource project proposals for completeness, relevance to the RFP, and adherence to all requirements and standards; tracking and administering project execution; and ensuring all project deliverables are submitted in a timely way.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Facilitate regular program meetings with Legacy Program and OASD(EI&E)/ ESOH staff
- Review, analyze, and develop recommendations for improving the Legacy Program, including guidance documents, and programmatic and budget priorities
- Recommend Legacy Program performance criteria, objectives, goals, and targets, including the development and use of performance indicators
- Provide communications regarding completion of projects and availability of final products
- Prepare and provide pre-proposal and proposal information to designated reviewers
- Draft approval and turn down notices for both pre-proposals and full proposals
- Coordinate with applicants to incorporate and review recommendations and include an outreach/transfer strategy for proposed project deliverables and outcomes
- Compile information and complete necessary forms to submit to the Legacy manager for funding and award of selected proposals.
- Coordinate with ESOH and WHS staff as necessary
- Prepare a monthly project execution report for the Legacy manager
- Update information pertaining to project execution and receipt of deliverables in the Legacy Tracker as received, no less frequently than monthly
- Compile project deliverables ensure they are available on appropriate websites (i.e. Legacy Tracker, Defense Environmental Network and Informational Exchange (DENIX))
- Compile and update program related spreadsheets and databases
- Mark Center in Alexandria, VA
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in administering a grants or other funding program similar to the DoD Legacy Program.
- Knowledge and expertise on:
- Grant proposal writing, development and evaluation.
- Administration and oversight of project execution.
- Effective writing and communication skills and competency in plain English and professional writing standards.
- Ability to pass for clearance
- Experience directly related to processing cooperative agreements, interagency agreements, MIPRs, and other funds transfer documents
- Experience in Natural Resources (NR) and /or Cultural Resources (CR) issues, projects, and programs
- Familiarity with the DoD Legacy Program process and procedures as well as the previous DoD Legacy Tracker system
- Experience supporting other funding programs for DoD or other Federal agency
- Secret Clearance
Relocation package negotiable